Monday, April 23, 2018

Donna Rubin - Faculty Member


Hi, my name is Pax and I am a certified therapy dog.  I belong to Mrs. Rubin, a first grade teacher in the Lower School. As a therapy dog, my mom and I spend our summers volunteering to help people who might be lonely or not feeling well.  Sometimes we visit hospitals and I get to jump up on beds and snuggle with children.  Other times we visit elderly friends who cannot leave their houses.  But my favorite therapy work is during story time.  I can sit for long time listening to children read to me or I sit in my mom's lap when she reads her book, Apple Cider Pup.  It's so much fun to listen to the story about me, a.k.a. Puppy Appleseed, visiting the cider mills of Michigan.  Being a therapy dog doesn't really feel like work because it makes me so dog gone happy when I realize that mom and I are making others feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment